Intense concentration whilst decorating a cookie at her friend N Teo's birthday party
Last December holidays, it was baking frenzy for Big Bee. We discovered her passion for baking from the popular cookie-baking birthday parties that her best buddies were all organising. She would come back from these parties, glowing and ecstatic, brandishing a dainty box of prettily decorated cookies. What a direct juxtaposition from Mummy, who has never shown much interest in baking!
Her first attempt at a cookie making class...
2nd attempt a few days later at her friend N Tan's birthday party...cookies on skewers!? Mummy was intrigued...
She also requested for a diverse selection of interesting baking classes over the holidays, instead of the usual enrichment holiday camps. At this age, I would usually accede to her rare requests.
Learning to bake egg tarts. For the record, they tasted truly wonderful!
Learning to bake exquisite fruit tarts! The kids were given free play to decorate the fruit tarts and I could see her meticulously labouring over every small detail, like a French pastry chef! These tasted DIVINE!
I could see her getting more adroit at the designs of the pastries after each session, and was very proud to see her handling the baking tools very dexterously, unlike clumsy Mummy!
Sticking out her tongue in oblivious focus, filling up the tart with delicious fresh cream!
Besides having the opportunities of chomping into yummy creations, baking is excellent for augmenting creativity in children, instilling in them a discipline to listen to instructions yet imbuing in them a freedom of creative expression.
Her latest conquest: cookies with M&Ms at N Teo's party. She selected the cookie moulds and created the designs all by herself. She will then allocate which cookies to give us. Mummy was given the big heart at the top right corner *beams* The little cookie girl represented herself.
Her next requests: an oven (yes, disinterested Mummy does not even possess an oven in the kitchen!) and for Mummy to indulge in some baking sessions with her. Looks like I need to enroll myself in some of these classes first!
3 comments:
What a good start! Eh buy a small oven for her. It's cheap and good. And you can start roasting meats and chicken... It's really quite brainless and most importantly, taste nice.
I love her creativity! I think cookies on stick is cool!
viv: Yes, am thinking of buying one small oven for her during the June holidays. Heh I had been procrastinating cos no interest! Will ask you for baking and roasting tips!
Yellowgiraffe: Cookies on sticks are really fun huh? I like those a lot too!
Post a Comment